Monday 19 November 2018

Art and Music / The BLACKSMITH..Traditional song / Folk / lyrics / played on Yamaha CVP-509



here you can listen to a traditional english song…the blacksmith…I played this beautiful love song my way….with a little excerpt out of it…piano,harp and strings…ein englisches traditionelles altes Liebeslied..von mir auf dem Yamaha cvp 509 gespielt…mit piano und Streichern..
lyrics:
A blacksmith courted me, nine months and better
he fairly won my heart, wrote me a letter
with his hammer in his hand, he looked quite clever
and if I were with my love, I’d live for ever

Oh where is my love gone with his cheeks like roses?
and his good black billycock on decked round with primroses?
I’m afraid the shining sun will burn and scorch his beauty
and if I were with my love, I’d do my duty

Strange news is come to town, strange news is carried
strange news flies up and down that my love is married
I wish them both much joy though they don’t hear me
and may God reward him well for the slighting of me
Instrumental (Verse with Recorder or Fiddle)

What did you promise me when you lay beside me,
and you said you’d marry me and not deny me
If I said I’d marry, t’was only for to try you
so bring your witness love and I’ll not deny you

Oh, witness I have none save God almighty
and may he reward you well for the slighting of me
her lips grew pale and wan, it made her poor heart tremble
to think she loved a one and he proved deceitful.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment